Drink pouches and popsicles don’t have to be just for kids! Here are two fun ideas for adults for summer, both made with reusable packaging. You can easily find silicone popsicle molds and drink pouches online, both of which are quite inexpensive. For a fun summer adult treat, you can whip up a batch of your favorite cocktails at home and portion them out in the pop molds or the pouches. Tip: When freezing any drink, you need to add a bit of water to help them freeze. Doing the advance prep at home means one less thing to do at the campground. Load your pops or pouches into a cooler full of ice to enjoy once you get where you are going! Here are two recipes I like, but the sky’s the limit. Experiment with your favorite flavors and wow your camping friends!
Makes 6 pops
- 1 cup rosé wine
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce simple syrup
- 2-3 ounces of water
- Simply combine the ingredients, and using a funnel, portion into six popsicle molds and freeze.
- Depending on your pop mold size, you may need to adjust the amounts.
Makes 4-6 pouches
- 6 ounces water
- 2 cups of your favorite tequila
- 1 cup Cointreau
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Portion the water into the pouches and freeze, so you will have a ready-made ice cube.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients, and using a funnel, portion into pouches once the water is frozen.
- You can either put the pouches back in the freezer to make a slushie or pop them in the cooler to stay cold.
- Depending on your pouch size, you may need to adjust the amounts.
This article, written by Kim Foley MacKinnon, first appeared in the 2023 summer issue of Girl Camper Magazine. For more great content link this, subscribe here.