Have you ever taken a few moments to think about what you are thankful for? Gratitude doesn’t come naturally to everyone, but surely we all have much to be thankful for. Even if our lives are not always easy or filled with only happy things, there are always reasons to be thankful and grateful for everything we do have. What are you thankful for?
This season is a perfect time to take a few moments and reflect on the things that you are thankful for. I challenge each of you to make a Gratitude List. Even if it doesn’t come naturally to you or come to you immediately, don’t let that stop you from giving thanks. There is so much to be thankful for… look around and see it.
In case you’re wondering, here are ten things that I am thankful for… in no particular order!
- I am thankful for Grace, and for our Creator who has generously given us much to be thankful for even when we are not perfect.
- I am thankful for my health… for being able to enjoy the activities that I love… camping, hiking, kayaking… walking and biking and all of the things I love to do both inside and outside.
- I am thankful for my family and friends. Their love and support makes my life something to celebrate each day.
- I am thankful for my dogs! They are the living definition of unconditional love. I can’t imagine life with dogs!
- I am thankful for my job and doing work that matters. I work with an incredible team of women who excel in their professions, and being in healthcare we make a difference in people’s lives.
- I’m thankful for music. Though I am not musically inclined, there are so many songs that have become the soundtrack for my life. It is a gift.
- I am thankful for the ability to travel. I have been blessed with the opportunity to visit places near and far, learn about other cultures and even be a part of the community by volunteering on several occasions. What I have learned has made me who I am.
- I am thankful for my little camper. It has opened up a whole new world of friends, skills and adventures. It introduced me to Girl Camper and all of you! I am thankful that I am able to share these adventures with my 87 year old mother! We are making memories that will live in my heart forever.
- I am thankful to live in the United States. It is a privilege to be an American.
- I am thankful to be useful… in my home, my work, my family and my country.
Take a few moments to write your own list. I think you will find that you have much to be thankful for too. I would love to read about what you are thankful in the comments below!
Life is Good! Shari Sullivan
I lose the love of my life 2 years ago but i am thankful for my two daughter, two grand daughter and two great grandsons. i am thankful for my two sister and brother,
I have a son-in-law how would do anything I ask. I am thankful for the USA and the men and women who defend our country. I’m thankful for the paramedics and the nurses and doctor who take care of us. The one I’m most thankful for is God all thing I have is through him. just look out your window and see all the wonder