To listen to this week’s podcast, click on the arrow!
On this weeks show my guest is Lynn Butler, owner of Setzers World of Camping in Huntington, West Virginia. Lynn and I discuss picking up you new RV at the dealership. What kind of walk through should a consumer expect? How does a PDI (Pre Delivery Inspection) differ from the consumer walk through on purchase pick up day? What is looked at in a PDI? When is it done? How can you remember all the things you’re being told?
Tips for a successful pick up day include:
- Mark out the whole day for this big event.
- Videotape the demonstrations.
- Make sure you get all of the manufacturer manuals for appliances.
- Make sure you do your hitch work ahead of time so you can safely tow your new trailer home.
- Bring your spouse or a friend along for an extra set of ears.
- Make plans for a shake down camp out close to home
Also this week I’m chatting about what I learned at Camper College regarding water – hoses, pressure regulators and quick connects! Serious damage can be done to your plumbing if you release water at a high PSI Into your system. Some campgrounds have water pressure as high as 110 PSI while trailers are manufactured to withstand 40 PSI. A water pressure regulator is an essential piece of equipment in your RV tool box.