One of the great things about being alive right now is women in their 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, and even 90’s can start camping and have a wonderful time with new experiences and people.
We see many posts on the Girl Camper pages from women asking if they are too old to start camping. The answer is, “NO!” – you can join us at any age.
For many, life hasn’t turned out the way they planned. Many have lost their partners at a young age. They often ask if camping is something they can do on their own. The answer is, “YES!” – you will find a supportive community here.
There is no one-size-fits-all answer for thriving in life as you get older. However, these eight tips will set you on the right path.
- Join Girl Camper!
- Celebrate your remaining years through connections with people and making a positive difference in their lives.
- Focus on what you DO want in your life instead of what you DON’T want.
- Take action today on the life you want to design.
- Make peace with the past.
- Stay creative!
- Share good news: in person, on social media, and around the campfire.
- Our motivation to participate in supportive communities of women needs to increase as we get older.
Thank you for being here and keep coming back every Sunday for more Girl Camper Wisdom!
Catherine Goggia, Northern California Guide
Follow our page on fb: https://www.facebook.com/GirlCamperNorthernCalifornia